Sunday 20 April 2014

Documented life project and Lettering classes...

Over the last year I've learned more and more, making me more comfortable with my art journaling and lettering. Something I've been meaning to do for a while now is go back and retake each online art journaling or lettering class I've taken in the past year. I want to fill up one journal with all my classes, back to back. Redoing all projects, whether I loved them or not. Partly for additional practice, partly for a beautifully documented journal at the end of it all. Speaking of 'documented', I'm also part of the Documented Life Project put on by Art to the 5th. Five amazing artists, part journal, part planner, weekly challenges, you name it, this project is fantastic. You're supposed to use some type of agenda or planner for the project. I found myself too stingy to pay upwards of $20 for an agenda so for the first 15 weeks I just used a regular journal. Last week I found a discounted agenda and decided I should move my work into it and continue on with the year in it. Well, low and behold, I wasn't loving the small size of the agenda I bought. Today I came across an 11"x8.5" agenda/planner at the dollar store for a whopping $2!!! After juggling through a typical Sunday with my girls and then not so typically getting to take them to my mom's for a sleepover tonight, I got a few hours to get this new journal/planner ready for the year. It's going to take some catch up now (17 weeks worth - 17 art journal challenges - 17 weeks of empty calendar/agenda pages) but in the end of it all, I think it's going to work out very nicely. Here's how beautiful it looks before even starting!! All this is is a mini workshop through Art to the 5th on how to prep your planner for the process. It's so chunky and delicious already!!! I'm excited. Isn't that so yummy?!?!


Some other projects I've been working on this week are for my National Letter Writing Month group. Here's an envelope I made out of a piece of wallpaper from a wallpaper sample book my sister scored for me. How awesome!!


The full journal of classes I've taken over the year will be inside a new journal that I decorated like this:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/281449528664763/

I figured since 95% of the classes I took are Joanne Sharpe's classes, there's a good chance I may even fill the journal with just her classes anyway. So it seemed like a good choice of cover.

On a side note, I walked past this picture at the mall last week. I love it and I need it. So I checked the price... $1400. Yup. Not happening. I wish I could have captured a better picture of it but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures in there so I snapped this quick one with my phone and bolted.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your work...I am going through withdrawls here...I didn't bring anything to do while I was at my parents house for Easter...See you in a few days :)

    ReplyDelete